Visual Communications 4 project:
Character designs and Key frames presenting a redesign for Super Mario Bros. in which Princess Peach, aided by a mysterious Toadstool Merchant, sets off on an adventure to rescue Mario from the evil Bowser!
This project was a lot of fun for me! I wanted to really push myself with the shapes and proportions of characters and try a different style. Usually my work tends to be on the cutesy and conservative side so this time I wanted to make something a bit edgy and tongue-and-cheek. It was fun re-imaging a series that I’ve grown up with and finally giving Peach the spotlight. (We won’t mention the DS game they made for her….)
Thanks for playing!
- the meaning behind my url: it was my username for an Estonia rp account on LJ and I kept it
- weakness: back rubs (someone is gonna give me a back rub and then stab and kill me I know it)
- why I love my best friend: I have one person that comes to mind but best friends? but the person I am thinking of has been with me for a lot of shit that I’ve gone thru
- last time I cried and why: i can’t remember if crying over NyoDenEst or that kindness video was the earlier one
- piercings I have: just simple ear piercings
- favorite band/s: i don’t even know. even if i could remember names i wouldn’t know which to pick
- biggest turn on: DANCING
- biggest turn off: NEEDLES
- tattoos I want: watercolor, full back work, something around the neck, half-sleeves, that cliche inspirational stuff on my wrists, cute ankle tats, I really like tats okay?
- age: 20
- ideas of a perfect date: road trip to a place with a bunch of cool places to go to and window shop
- Life goal(s): travel the world, find someone who wants a life different from the norm
- piercings I want: maybe ones on my upper ear but otherwise piercings just start getting weird
- relationship status: single
- favorite movie: princess bride/meet the robinsons
- Phobia: needles
- Name: Julie
Cosplay Medics Con Survival Kit — The Basic Bag
Hello, Cosplay Medic here! We’re here to share our tips on how to survive cons with minimal damage to yourselves, others, and your costumes, so you can have a good time! This here is a basic guide to what to carry with you in your bag so that you can avoid cosplay meltdowns or potential hospital visits!
What you should carry:
- Water! The Cosplay Medic Corp cannot stress the importance of water enough! Keeping hydrated a cons, especially summer ones, is crucial! Carry a refillable water bottle and take a swig from it often. If you are feeling thirsty, you’re already dehydrated!
- Emergency medicine (examples: ibeproufen and inhaler). Make sure you carry medicine to help you power through sudden headaches, aching feet/back, and other ailments. If you’re asthmatic, make sure you have got an inhaler!
- Ace bandages and band-aids. Ace bandages may be a female crossplayer’s best friend, but they are also good for sprained ankles and twisted knees. Carry an extra one just in case! Also carry bandaids for cuts, blisters, and scrapes!
- If you’re a girl, it’s a good idea to carry around sanitary napkins or tampons just in case your monthly friends decides to come calling in the middle of the con!
- Hair gel and deodorant: In case of wig malfunctions, carry a small bottle of hair gel or hair glue. Also carry around deodorant and re-apply it every couple of hours. Nobody wants to smell your b.o.! (Disclaimer: deodorant is not a substitute for a shower. TAKE AT LEAST ONE SHOWER A DAY.)
- Invest in some business cards to give to your new friends! If you don’t have the money for business cards, carry around a notebook so you can trade tumblrs/deviant arts/facebook info with your new buddies!
- Carry around safety pins for quick costume fixes. If you’re super ambitious, carry a small sewing kit as well, in case of rippage. The safety pins will hold your costume together until you can get out of the way to whip out the sewing kit!
- Tissues are always a good thing to carry. Also, carry a small snack or sugary gum in case your blood sugar takes a sudden nose dive. Don’t forget to eat!
- Finally get a nice sturdy bag to put everything in. Decorate it and make it stand out, so that if it’s stolen or lost you can identify it easily! (Putting a name tag on the inside with your contact information isn’t such a bad idea either!)
Other things you might want to carry:
- Duct tape/super glue for quick fixes
- A Cell Phone (and possible your Cell Phone Charger)
- $20-$40 in Emergency Money
- Your gaming device of choice
- A small bag of make up for quick touch ups
- sandwich baggies and Tupperware to organize your small things, like band-aids, safety-pins, tampons/pads, and sewing kits.
Please note that this is just a small list! You can add or subtract any of these items (thought we don’t suggest you subtract anything). Customize it to fit your needs!
Happy con-going! Be safe, and have fun!
Teen Titans by Oskar Vega